Student leadership is a key component of the Kellogg GIM experience. Working under the direction of their GIM Advisor, student leaders help to shape the in-country experience for all GIM participants. Each GIM class provides three key student leadership positions:
- Field Study
- Network with current students, alumni, and other business contacts to find promising hosts for plenary sessions
- Arrange five to eight all-class, in-country meetings with multi-national corporations, industry leaders, government officials, etc.
- Work with travel provider on in-country arrangements
- Determine cultural outings, group dinners, optional events, and overall schedule structure in-country
- Promote GIM experience within the Kellogg community
- Handle leadership team and class communications, including committee assignments
- Document GIM experience, including photographs, videos, and Merger article
- Arrange alumni/new admit reception in-country
These leadership roles can involve significant amounts of time (especially as the in-country experience draws closer), including regular, mandatory meetings with GIM Advisors and the Global Programs office. We therefore recommend students consider their fall and winter quarter schedules before committing to a GIM leadership position. However, GIM leaders will also have committees comprised of classmates who will help them complete their deliverables.
Leaders are automatically enrolled in their GIM classes, and do not spend bid points in order to participate in the program. They will also receive a small stipend from the Global Programs office to cover their GIM travel costs.
Key Dates for Students Interested in GIM Leadership (Full-time Students)
|9/24/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
||GIM Leadership Information Session|
|9/30/13 (8 AM)
||GIM Leadership Applications Due|
|9/30 – 10/4/13
||Interviews with GIM Advisors|
|10/7/13 (5 PM) – 10/9/13 (5 PM)
||Leadership Offers Made (24-hour response required)|
|10/14/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
10/16/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
|Mandatory GIM Leadership Training Sessions (All leaders must attend one of these.)|
|10/21/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
10/22/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
10/23/13 (12:15 – 1:15)
|Field Study Leaders Meeting|
Logistics Leaders Meeting
Marketing Leaders Meeting
||GIM Information Session|
Please submit the form below and the required attachments no later than September 30th, at 8 AM..
Students may apply to a mix of leadership positions across the various GIM classes. However, we strongly recommend that students choose positions and GIM regions that align with their backgrounds, skill sets, and goals for their time at Kellogg. Each application will be considered by the respective GIM Advisor, who will conduct interviews and make all leadership placements.
Please do not underestimate the importance of the statement of interest.
Step 1. Complete the following form
GIM Leaders Application Form