Leadership at Kellogg
Recruiters recognize Kellogg graduates for their ability to work well in teams — and to lead them. The leadership skills you’ll develop here are always in high demand.
The Kellogg Student Association
Elected each year by student vote, the Kellogg Student Association has two main functions.
First, it is a liaison between students and administrators. Its members bring student interests to the Office of the Dean, where KSA leaders and administrators discuss proposed changes to the curriculum or new ideas for the school’s international marketing strategy.
In addition to this important role, the student government also funds more than 80 clubs that reflect the wide range of students’ personal and professional interests.
Looking for a chance to lead? Look no further. At Kellogg, you can:
- Bring new students into the Kellogg family as a Pre-Term section leader or Day At Kellogg staffer
- Chair a professional club or organize a business conference
- Organize a fundraiser to benefit local charities
- Choose, plan and market the destination for a Kellogg Worldwide Experience and Service Trip for entering classes.
- Apply to be a member of the Admissions Committee to help shape future Kellogg classes
- Compete with peers from other top business schools in one of the many case competitions held annually around the world
- And much more
In the curriculum
At Kellogg, teaching and learning are not polar opposites. Our students learn collaboratively — from outstanding faculty and from each other.
They take charge of their education in study groups, work closely with faculty on independent studies and collaborate on projects and presentations. Each section of our most popular course, Global Initiatives in Management, is designed and coordinated by a group of dedicated, faculty-selected students.
Before they arrive on campus, Kellogg students prepare to make the most of their leadership development opportunities with a 360-Degree Leadership Assessment. The assessment feedback will help you identify which leadership competencies you can leverage most effectively, and which to focus on improving. It will also help you choose the Kellogg opportunities best suited to maximize your development as a leader in the world.