G.I. Bill and Veterans Benefits
Students eligible for G.I. Bill or Veterans Benefits should contact:
633 Clark St.
Evanston IL 60208-1280
We are very pleased to state that The Kellogg School of Management is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program). The following information applies for the 2011-2012 academic year.
For the 2011-2012 academic year, the Kellogg School of Management will award Yellow Ribbon grants to up to 50 students according to the first come first served policy below who are 100% eligible for the post 9-11 GI Bill Benefits as indicated on their certificate of eligibility received from the VA. However, please note that according to the Department of Veteran Affairs Website, in order to be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon benefits, http://gibill.va.gov/benefits/post_911_gibill/yellow_ribbon_program.html,
"Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty servicemembers and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty servicemembers may be eligible if the servicemember is qualified at the 100% rate)."
Students would contact the VA directly to inquire about their eligibility for benefits and to request their certificate of eligibility. VA regulations state that students must exhaust their full Post 9-11 GI Bill benefit for the academic year ($17,500-tuition and mandatory fee cap for private schools if 100% eligible) before any Yellow Ribbon funding will be paid. The VA must also provide their match in order for a student to be eligible for Yellow Ribbon funds through the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
If eligible, the maximum Kellogg Yellow Ribbon Grant that a student can receive is up to $15,000. The amount a student receives from Kellogg will be matched by the VA (not to exceed tuition and mandatory fees as listed by the VA).
If eligible, to qualify for the Yellow Ribbon benefits provided by the Kellogg School of Management and the VA match for the 2011-2012 academic year you must meet the following criteria on a first come first serve basis.
1. Students admitted to the following programs:
- Full-Time MBA Programs (1Y, 2Y, MMM, JD-MBA)
- Part-time evening or Saturday MBA
- Executive MBA (EMBA)
2. Students who have been admitted to the programs listed above, but have not yet matriculated will also have to confirm their intent to enroll by submitting their tuition deposit to the full-time day or EMBA program. Since the part-time evening and weekend program does not require a tuition deposit, the admitted student should complete the "Kellogg Admissions Response Form" provided by the part-time MBA program upon admission.
3. Finally, in addition to the above requirements, students must submit their Certificate of Eligibility from the Department of Veteran Affairs to the Northwestern University Registrar’s Office as well as a copy to their school's Financial Aid Office stating that they are 100% eligible for Post 9/11 G.I. Bill benefits. "Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty servicemembers and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty servicemembers may be eligible if the servicemember is qualified at the 100% rate)."
The addresses for each are listed below:
Please know that you may also email or fax to the registrar’s office and your financial aid office. Therefore, the email addresses and fax numbers of each office are also listed below.
Office of the Registrar
633 Clark St.
Evanston, Il. 60208
Attn: Charmaine Nicholson
Financial Aid Offices:
Full-time Day Program
Kellogg School of Management
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Donald P. Jacobs Center
2001 Sheridan Road
Evanston, IL 60208
Attn: Julie Israel
Part-time, Evening Program and Saturday Program
Office of Financial Aid- Chicago
710 N. Lake Shore Drive Suite 629
Chicago, IL 60611
Attn: Julia Jenkins
Fax Number: 312-503-8700
Executive MBA Program
Kellogg School of Management EMBA
James L. Allen Center
2169 Campus Drive
Evanston, IL 60208
Attn: Paul Dodds
Students are responsible for completing any necessary steps as directed by the VA to ensure that Northwestern University receives the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill tuition payment and the VA’s portion of the Yellow Ribbon payment. Please refer to your Certificate of Eligibility or call 1-888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) to verify that you have completed all necessary steps with the VA.
For information regarding the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill and Yellow Ribbon G.I. Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program), please refer to the following links on the Veterans Affairs (VA) website. This will include the changes to the program for the 2011-2012 academic year, tuition and fee payments for students attending private schools.