- Course Management & Registration
- Student Affairs
- Graduation Central
- Student Clubs & Events
- Career Resources
- Student Resources
- Student Services
- Technology & Computing
- News & Publications
President and CEO
Students may elect the Pass/No Credit (P/NC) option to take a more aggressive class schedule or to try out new subjects. The Pass/No Credit option may be used for a total of two credits (two 1.0-credit courses or four 1/2-credit courses). Within the guidelines specified, P/NC may be elected in any quarter and used in any combination up to the totals allowed.
To allow grade-based incentives, students may contract for a letter grade in the P/NC course. The Pass/No Credit option must be submitted by the add deadline for that course.
The Pass/No Credit option allows students to set a target letter grade in lieu of the Pass/No Credit grade. For example, if a student sets and earns a target grade of A, then the letter grade A would be awarded instead of the P or NC grade. But if a B or C grade is earned, a grade of P would be awarded. In either scenario, the Pass/No Credit option is considered used. If the target grade is met, the letter grade will appear on the transcript and is included in the GPA. If the target grade is not met but a grade of C or better is earned, the grade is not counted in the GPA, and a P will appear on the transcript.
To request the Pass/No Credit option, students must satisfy the following conditions:
- They must be Kellogg students in pursuit of the MBA degree to use this option.
- The Pass/No Credit option cannot be used for core courses, non-Kellogg courses, Global Initiatives in Management courses, SEEK 440A, the global elective requirement and most lab classes. Independent study courses may be taken P/NC with permission of the instructor.
- The Pass/No Credit option can be used to fulfill minimum requirements for a major ONLY IF the student specifies and earns a target of an A or B, as noted on the student's transcript. In other words, courses with a P or NC grade on the transcript will not count towards any majors.
- A maximum of 2.0 credits may taken as P/NC, in any combination (i.e., 2 half-credit and 1 full-credit) and during any quarter of study.
- The Pass/No Credit option must be submitted one week prior to the start of the quarter or by the add deadline.
Request Process (the system is only available one week prior to the start of the quarter and during the first week of the quarter):
Log in to the Pass/No Credit System using your netid and password.
Read the Pass/No Credit Rules and Directions. The system will have the courses that you are currently registered for listed with drop down boxes. Use the drop down boxes to select the course for Pass/No Credit. Choose either "P" for Pass with no target grade, "A" for the Pass/No Credit option with a target grade of A, "B" for the Pass/No Credit Option with a target grade of B, or choose the "blank" selection to deselect/change your Pass/No Credit request. The Pass/No Credit option must be submitted one week prior to the start of the quarter and/or during the first week of the quarter.
Students required to submit grades to their employer (i.e. for tuition reimbursement) should check with their employer before requesting the Pass/No Credit option in order to make certain that reimbursement will not be effected.